When that 4 pm hunger strikes, don’t we all look impatiently for yummy snacks to have along with the evening cup of chai/coffee. At this time, the urge to munch on to is so strong that it shrouds over the rational to differentiate between what’s healthy and what’s not. This is the time when deep-fried pakoras look the most tempting! But all of us who are trying to lose weight, finding something to snack at 4 pm can be a dicey while also keeping calorie count in mind. Since we are counting every single calorie, picking the right kind of snacks is important, so that the fat-burning process is still on. So, it’s time to find some delicious snacks that wouldn’t throw you out of calorie deficit, guilt free. Ideally, you can squeeze in two snacks between the main meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner – and out of these, evening snacks can help us ride over the afternoon slump and give a quick boost of energy to last till dinner time. Most importantly, all these snacks fit perfectly into a weight loss diet plan.
1. Grilled Paneer: Can be made with minimal oil and just a few seasonings, it’s a yummy snack that with its high protein content would keep you fuller for longer and boost weight loss as well.
2. Peanut Chaat: If you haven’t yet tried peanut chaat with onions, tomatoes, sesame seeds, cucumber, and mint leaves, you should! Low in calories and high on nutrient profile, you would get addicted to its taste.
3. Bhelpuri: Yes, good old bhelpuri with low calorie count is weight loss friendly, and oh, the spicier, the better!
4. Roasted Makhana: When you feel the need to snack on something, but want to be extremely careful about not ruining your diet, then look no further than makhana, which is the healthiest snack that you can find. You can dry roast makhana without actually adding any oil by just adding a pinch of pepper powder and even add 1 tbsp of ghee without ruining your diet.
5. Puffed Rice/Murmure: An extremely light snack, easy on the tummy, that can be made into a delicious evening snack by adding peanuts, curry leaves, and some basic spices.
6. Roasted Poha Chivda: Another favorite snacking option – roasted chivda is a favorite tea-time snack across India with its rich flavour and taste.
7. Khakra: This popular Gujarati snack is available in different varieties from spicy to baked, from whole wheat to bajra – you are spoilt with choices when it comes to khakra.
8. Corn Chaat: Lemon juice, tomato, onions, and just a few basic spices can make steamed corn chaat absolutely hard to resist.
9. Sweet Potato Chips: Dump packaged potato chips and switch to baked potato chips or wedges that are extremely easy to make and full of nutrients.
10. Roasted Chickpeas: Rich in protein, roasted chickpeas keep you fuller for longer and help boost weight loss too.
Try these guilt-free evening snacks while you are on a diet and do check out the diet plans on the Rati Beauty app to reach your weight loss goals quicker.