We all know by now that calorie deficit is essential for the body to get into a fat-burning mode and the easiest way to do that is to cut extra calories from the diet, definitely much more easier than sweating out for hours together in the gym. To cut calories, it’s not necessary to starve and deprive yourself of food; in fact, it’s absurd because starving through the day leads to overeating and binge eating towards dinner time. Most people complain that they cannot go on a diet because they cannot stay off food and need energy to do work and household chores. But wait, here’s finally a weight loss diet that actually works and does not leave you hungry – Rati Beauty Diet is more than a weight loss diet, it offers lifestyle tips, keeps you motivated, encourages you to eat healthy, so that you can shed weight, get lean and fit without crash dieting. In fact, experts say that eating the right kind of food fuels metabolism and aids in the fat-burning process, and this diet does exactly that. Also, do read about 12 Calorie Cutting Tricks That Won’t Keep you Hungry while on a diet.
1. Cover Half Plate with Leafy Green Veggies: Full of nutrients, vitamins, fiber, essential minerals, and extremely low in calories – all vegetables, such as spinach, broccoli, tomato, beans, peas, and not to forget, green leafy vegetables all make you full without spiking up calorie count by too much. So, adopt this easiest way to cut calories, feel full for longer – cover half of your plate with vegetables.
2. Say Completely No to Added Sugar: By cutting down sugar, you get to cut out loads of empty calories, reduce inflammation, and maintain normal blood sugar levels. Experts say one can get into calorie deficit relatively easily by giving up added sugar.
3. Swap High-Glycemic Fruits with Water-Dense Fruits: Fruits with high water content keep you satiated and full for a long time along with hydrating your body. Since water has zero calories, fruits with high water content do not pile up calories and can keep you in calorie deficit. Replacing high-glycemic fruits and snacks that spike up blood sugar with water-rich fruits is a great idea to keep your metabolism high, burn fat, and supply your body with essential vitamins and nutrients. Here’s a list of “Top 20 Water-Rich Fruits for Weight Loss.”
4. Pick Healthy Snack Options: Avoid snacking on high-calorie snacks such as potato chips, biscuits, cookies, candies, etc., and swap it with better options like makhana, no-butter popcorn, and nuts.
5. Don’t Make That Salad Unhealthy: Salads are healthy no doubt, but adding cheese, creamy dressing, croutons, crumbs, vinaigrettes raise the calorie count. Avoid over-crowding salads with such ingredients to cut out extra calories.
6. Change the Cooking Oil: You can cut load of calories not only by cutting back on cooking oil, but also by reducing the quantity while cooking, even if it’s olive oil. Avoid hydrogenated oils, palm oil, canola oil, rice bran oil, etc.
7. Swap Dinner Plate for a Bowl: Research says that eating from smaller plates and bowls can help cut portion size and calories as well. Also, replacing large meal plate with a bowl would trick your brain into eating less.
8. Eliminate ketchups, jam, chocolate spreads as part of your daily diet. All such processed food have high amount of empty calories along with sugar, sodium, and other unhealthy ingredients that keep you calorie surplus, it’s best to avoid them.
9. Say No To Liquid Calories: Packaged juices and liquid beverages with artificial flavours tend to be high in calories. So, to get into calorie deficit easily, reduce consumption of liquid calories that come through packaged juices, soda, and beverages.
10. Sleep and Rest Well: There’s nothing that drives appetite through the roof than compromising on sleep. Sleep deprivation whips up a ravenous appetite the next day, and you are most likely to turn to unhealthy food to satiate such hunger. We would suggest you to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night to keep that appetite in check.
11. Amp up Fiber: Fiber is an important factor that is so essential to losing weight because it
helps to curb appetite by regulating the production of hunger hormone “ghrelin.” Fiber content also reduces one’s appetite by slowing the movement of food through the gut. Since fiber has low glycemic index, it also does not spike up insulin and thus reduces the chance of extra calories getting stored up as fat in the body. That’s why fiber is extremely essential in weight loss. Here are “12 Handy Tips To Add More Fiber to Diet for Weight Loss.”
12. Eliminate Refined Carbs: Dieticians and health experts underline the importance of cutting out refined carbs from the diet and switching to complex carbs and whole foods instead, not only to lose weight but to improve overall health as well. Refined carbs can also be called “diet saboteurs” because they have high number of empty calories without any significant nutrient value that get digested fast, raise blood sugar level, and trigger a sharp insulin response causes a dip in blood sugar, and raises energy demand. In short, you become hungry within a short time of eating refined carbs. Read about “12 Simple Ways to Eliminate Refined Carbs from Diet” in this post.
Following these tips would help cut down significant calories from your daily diet and put you on the road to losing weight.