There are some myths surrounding weight loss that refuse to tail off even though there is no evidence to back them up. As we step into the New Year, these myths need to be left behind. As we step into 2023, we should allow certain myths to trail off, unlearn old redundant habits and make way for new and effective ones that would help us to motor through the journey. So, here we are with 5 weight loss myths to leave behind before stepping into 2023.
1. Exercise and Eat Anything you Want: Always remember that weight loss is all about 80% diet and 20% exercise, and switching the percentages will not bring about significant results. A lot of celebs promote this wrong theory that you can eat whatever you want and burn it all off the next day. Exercise can burn a limited amount of calories, instead try to cut down calories from the diet. So, straighten up the diet, eat healthy and nutritious food, do practice portion control, and supplement it with regular exercise and see all the extra fat melt away.
2. Stay Hungry and Lose Weight: Another extreme measure that people who desperately need to lose weight resort to – staying hungry to burn extra fat. To lose weight, it’s important to be on a diet plan that encourages you to eat healthy and eat optimum number of calories without starving. A weight loss plan shouldn’t deprive you of food and should be not a short-term project either. To lose weight fast, avoid crash dieting because food deprivation and eating as little as possible will switch the body into a “famine” mode, where after a certain point, losing weight would be extremely difficult. The best thing would be to start on diet plans available on Rati Beauty app that encourages you to eat healthy and delicious meals, is not based on the concept of food deprivation, and takes care of all your nutrient requirements, along with keeping you in calorie deficit so that you can drop extra pounds and burn fat consistently. You can check more details on the Rati Beauty app.
3. Eat All Superfoods and Lose Weight: It’s wrong to put all your weight loss dreams into the superfood basket. The food industry brings forth a new superfood every other day that claims to melt away all extra fat, but every food has calories, and eating too many superfoods can push you out of calorie deficit. Do practice portion control with every food, even if it’s the healthiest one on the planet.
4. Running on Treadmill is Sufficient To Lose Weight: Doing cardio alone will not lead to significant weight loss – you need to get physically active, say bye to sedentary lifestyle, and be on your feet as much as possible.
5. Slimming Pills Are Silver Bullets To Get Rid of Fat: It would be prudent to stop looking for silver bullets in fat-burning pills and appetite suppressants because only through diet and an active lifestyle can you achieve long-lasting results and it’s much safer to follow a diet plan and cut calories than to pop a pill that may have side effects.
As we ring in the New Year, do keep your health as a priority and if weight loss is on your mind, do subscribe to the Rati Beauty diet plan and hop on to the Speed Slim Challenge, starting on January 9th, 2022.