Most of the times, the most common reason why people fail to follow through their weight loss program is their intense cravings for unhealthy and junk food. These cravings can slide you off the weight loss wagon. Intense foods cravings can induce overeating and increase the calorie count by a great measure. As we all know by now, maintaining a calorie deficit is essential to shed extra fat stored in the body. People report that they experience intense cravings with crash dieting or extreme food deprivation when they are on a weight loss diet. Even in the absence of food deprivation – factors such as stress, boredom, anxiety, hormonal imbalance, blood sugar imbalance, addiction to hyperpalatable foods can all trigger cravings. Rather than spending lots of money synthetic appetite suppressants (in powder/pill form), there are certain natural foods that can strike them down really well. The amazing thing is that all these foods are nutrient dense and meet the energy demand of the body; experts say “undernutrition” or not eating enough food/lack of nutrients in food can make the cravings intense. So, let’s see which foods can actually help boost your weight loss efforts.
1. Dark Chocolate: Full of antioxidants, a few squares of dark chocolate can stimulate fat breakdown and helps fight stress. Dark chocolate also boosts metabolism, curb appetite for sweet and salty food. A small bite of dark chocolate can make you feel full and satiated and prevent binging on high-calorie junk food. A bite into a square of dark chocolate can curb appetite for sweet and junk food considerably by triggering the release of satiety hormone “leptin” so that you can feel full and eat less in your next meal, bringing down the calorie intake.
2. Pistachios: Almond, walnut, cashew, pistachios, hazelnuts are all weight-loss friendly nuts with good amount of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and other essential minerals, but the nut with the lowest calorie count is pistachio. These delicious nuts have antioxidants, vitamins, and curb intense cravings for unhealthy food. But do remember not to go over a handful. Also read: “17 Best Salad Ingredients For Weight Loss.”
3. Cottage Cheese: Foods with high protein content are extremely satiating and cottage cheese or paneer is major plant-based protein source. You can grill it, make it into a curry, or just add to salads to suppress appetite and cravings.
4. Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee, experts say, can curb cravings and suppress appetite as well. A cup or two of coffee can boost metabolism by a good degree as well.
5. Almonds: Whenever cravings strike, pick a handful of nuts, such as almonds, that with their high protein, healthy fats content would help suppress cravings and boost metabolism as well.
6. Apple: You have heard it numerous times, from your parents, teachers, and every well wisher out there – “an apple a day, can keep the doctor away,” but did you know, an apple a day can even keep the unhealthy cravings away, because it has pectin and soluble fiber that keeps you fuller for longer, curbs cravings for sweet treats, and prevents overeating as well.
7. Eggs: A nutrient-dense food that’s absolutely great for overall health as well. Eggs are considered to be a superfood if you are planning to lose weight. In facts, eggs are considered the best way to kickstart the day with its nutrient-dense properties that also boost metabolism. Additionally, egg keeps one fuller for longer thereby cutting the body’s craving for additional cravings in the form of unhealthy snacks. Also read: “10 Reasons Why Eggs are Good For Weight Loss.”
Most importantly, if you are struggling to lose weight, do check out the Rati Beauty diet on the Rati Beauty app.
17 Best Salad Ingredients For Weight Loss
10 Reasons Why Eggs are Good For Weight Loss