The ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 release date has been much anticipated, but there’s been a frustrating lack of information coming from ASUS themselves about when stocks of this powerful workstation plus gaming laptop will be available. Even many reviewers are still waiting to get hold of copies (including us). Stocks seem particularly tight in the US, although some European and Japanese consumers have been able to at least order some variants of the laptop, even if they may still be waiting for its delivery.
What’s the reason for the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 delays?
At the present time, concrete details are thin on the ground, so take any subsequent speculation with a grain of salt, but the latest rumours spreading across various tech subreddits is that part of the issue stems from a shortage of the hugely powerful AMD Ryzen 9 6980HX CPU. Some people have claimed that they’ve been offered a change in their order to the version with the less powerful Ryzen 9 6900HX/HS plus a $100 refund. Still, the lack of stock is affecting all spec options of the machine in the US especially, so it would seem that the global silicon shortage is still making itself known, despite signs it’s been abating of late. It’s possible that, given the relatively niche market for the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16, the company has not prioritised it over more popular, mainstream ASUS gaming laptops when faced with a limited supply of chips to put into production.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 release date
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 release date was originally estimated to be March 2022 but it has been delayed.
US customers are continuing to have to wait for stock availability, and can register to be notified on the ASUS website. If stock does become available you’ll want to move quickly as they’re likely to be snapped up fast.
Some retailers in Europe and elsewhere do have the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 available to purchase, though customers are reporting having to wait for several weeks before delivery, and there’s no guarantee this won’t be delayed further. Many of the available options seem to be the lower-specced variants of the machine.
Where to buy ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 laptop
ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 price
There’s a big range of prices for the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16, depending on which of the myriad specification options you pick. Below are a few prices that we’ve seen within this range to give you an idea, though do note that prices will vary between retailers.
- low-specced ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 price (with Ryzen 7 6800H, RTX 3070 Ti, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD): $3,620
- mid-specced ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 price (with Ryzen 9 6980HX, RTX 3080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSD): $4,963
- high-specced ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 price (with Ryzen 9 6980HX, RTX 3080 Ti, 32GB RAM, 2x 2TB SSD): $5,768
MSI Stealth GS77 specs
The biggest draw for the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 is its secondary 4K display and the option for a variable resolution & refresh rate main display that can switch between 120Hz 4K to 240Hz HD, making it ideal for workstation / video editing / graphic design tasks but also competitive gaming and streaming.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 6800H/ Ryzen 9 6900HX / Ryzen 9 6980HX
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (6GB, 140W) / 3070 Ti (8GB, 150W) / RTX 3080 (8GB, 165W) / RTX 3080 Ti (16GB, 165W)
- RAM: 16GB / 32GB / 64GB DDR5-4800
- Storage: 1TB – 4TB SSD
- Main display: 16″ 120Hz 3840×2400-240Hz 1920×1200 variable or 165Hz 2560 x 1600
- Additional display: 14″ 3840 x 1100 (4K) IPS
- Ports: 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack, 1x HDMI 2.1, 1 x card reader (microSD) (UHS-II, 312MB/s), 1x RJ45 LAN port, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C support displayport, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C support DisplayPort / power delivery / G-SYNC, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
We hope this has helped to shed some light on the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 release date. We will be updating our where to buy Zephyrus Duo 16 links as soon as we’re aware of any new additional ones that pop up. Do be sure to also check out our various gaming laptop guides in the mega menu at the top of the screen, as organized by brand and price point, including our ASUS gaming laptop guide, plus our review of the new ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 (2022).