Embracing motherhood marks a new journey in a woman’s life – along with the arrival of the little bundle of joy, increase in responsibilities, post-partum weight gain can actually give you sleepless nights more than the baby. Once the new moms set a new routine revolving around the baby, the next thing they would most probably think about would be shedding extra weight that they gained through the pregnancy. This is the time, crash dieting would look most appealing, but it’s not a healthy or effective way to get back into shape, not something your doctor would approve of! In fact, the baby may not get optimum amount of nutrition if the mother is still breastfeeding on a fad diet. So, is there a safe option, yes! Rati Beauty diet plans give importance to eating nutrient-dense food without making you take unhealthy shortcuts or putting you on pills or powders. In fact, Rati has lost 27 kgs after her delivery, and has done it x2, even after undergoing Cesarean section both times. So, here’s how you can lose weight after pregnancy and delivery, irrespective of whether it was a C-section or a normal delivery, but first, you need to get your doctor’s approval and consent to embark on your weight loss journey.
1. Subscribe to the Rati Beauty app for your weight loss diet plans: As we have mentioned above, crash dieting is not a safe option, especially if you are a new mom and nursing the newborn. But don’t worry, you can eat a well-balanced diet and still lose weight. Download the Rati Beauty app to get elaborate diet plans, sticking to which you can get to your dream body soon.
2. Increase Protein Intake: Protein plays an important role in boosting satiety, controlling appetite, and burn more calories with its high thermic effect. In fact, a women’s protein requirement is higher during pregnancy and breastfeeding period. From eggs, fish, chicken meat to plant-based protein sources like tofu, paneer, lentils – you can have them according to your preference. For elaborate high-protein diets, check out Rati Beauty diet plan.
3. Portion Control: Portion control is important to maintain calorie deficit which would stimulate the fat-burning process. Calorie deficit happens when a person consumes fewer calories than those burnt while exercising, resting, or performing basic bodily functions. Portion control involves being aware of the correct amount of food and serving sizes so that you do not fall out of calorie deficit. Instead of eyeballing amount of food, do use a kitchen weighing scale to eat within the calorie limit. Here’s how you can practice portion control – 10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.
4. Continue Breastfeeding: Though a majority of studies trying to find a link between breastfeeding and weight loss have been inconclusive, there are a few studies that actually reveal that along with a well-balanced diet, moderate exercise, breastfeeding mothers tend to lose weight faster than non-breastfeeding mothers.
5. Increase Water Intake: Drinking an optimum amount of water, 8 glasses at least, will not only improve your body’s elasticity and keep it hydrated for a long time, it will also prevent overeating, keep metabolism up, and make your skin glow as well.
6. Make a Target To Achieve 10,000 Steps in a Day: The first thing one should do when trying to lose weight is to grab a pair of walking shoes and keep aside at least 30 minutes either in the morning or evening for brisk walking. Doctors recommend starting with moderate exercise post delivery, and walking is the best way to kickstart your exercise routine. We often underestimate the benefits of walking because it’s not a high intensity activity, but a majority of people who have successfully lost a considerable amount of weight, started with brisk walking and then slowly graduated to high intensity workout. So, grab a pair of shoes right now.
Most importantly, do rest, get enough sleep, stress less, and have an amazing time taking care of your little one. Keeping a body positive attitude and staying happy makes a big difference, even when you are losing weight.