Spring is the perfect time to reevaluate your skincare routine and make some adjustments. Swap out rich moisturizers for lightweight options and start making sun protection more of a priority.
If you want to make the most of your skincare routine without dedicating an hour to it each day, choose your products wisely and learn how to pair them properly. Combining certain products can increase their efficacy. Something as simple as adding a booster to your daily moisturizer could provide additional benefits for brightening, hydration, and anti-aging.
When it comes to choosing the right skincare products, it’s important to keep your skin type and your individual skin concerns in mind. From there, take a look at the ingredients to see which products might pair well together and then craft your daily routine around those pairings.
The Dos and Don’ts of Mixing Skincare Products
When combining skincare products, it’s important to keep in mind the basics of layering. Work from your lightest products to your heaviest, starting with the fastest-absorbing product first. Generally speaking, the best order is: cleanser, toner, spot treatment, serum, eye cream, moisturizer, oil, SPF.
If you’re looking to boost the benefits of your tried-and-true skincare routine, you might try combining some of your products. For example, facial oils can easily be added to your daily moisturizer as well as some treatments and masks.
When focusing on moisture, combine humectants with emollients. Humectants like hyaluronic acid draw moisture into the surface layers of the skin while emollients like facial oil help lock it in. Exfoliants like alpha-hydroxy and beta-hydroxy acids work well with moisturizers and SPF but shouldn’t be paired with retinol to avoid irritation and skin sensitivity.
If you’re not sure which products are best for your skin type or how to pair them, you can always stop in to your local Yon-Ka partner spa for custom skincare advice.
Try These 7 Yon-Ka Paris Skincare Pairings
As pioneers in aromatherapy for over 60 years, Yon-Ka Paris knows skincare. A wide assortment of phyto-aromatic treatments delivers a luxurious experience with proven efficacy and visible results. Whether you’re concerned with dull skin tone or dehydration, pigmentation or clogged pores, there’s a treatment to suit your needs.
Yon-Ka Paris products are designed to complement each other. For age defense, shop the Hydra No. 1 lineup of creams, masks, and serums. Boosters like Nutri+ and Lift+ add the skin benefits of facial oil or fluid to your daily moisturizer. The specifics line is designed to address issues like breakouts, sensitivity, dark spots, and redness. Find the perfect combination for your skin type and your skin concerns.
Here are 7 pairings of Yon-Ka products we recommend:
Moisturizer + Booster
After cleansing, moisturizing is the most important step in your skincare routine. Take your moisturizer up a notch with a facial booster to hydrate, nourish, protect, and lift the skin.
Try these boosters from Yon-Ka Paris:
- Hydra+ – Give your daily moisturizer a hydrating boost with this lightweight fluid booster for all skin types. It is shown to boost the hydrating benefits of Yon-Ka moisturizer by over 30%.
- Nutri+ – Nourish your skin with the addition of this anti-aging oil comprised of 99% natural ingredients including organic sunflower seed oil, lavender essential oil, and vitamin E.
- Lift+ – Renew your skin’s youthful lift and radiance with this firming booster fluid. The lightweight, water-based formula is gentle for all skin types but perfect for mature skin.
- Defense+ – Deliver a dose of antioxidant protection to your skin with this light facial oil. It boosts the skin’s defenses against environmental damage, especially skin-aging free-radical damage.
Simply add 1 to 2 pumps of booster to your preferred daily moisturizer to enjoy additional benefits and adapt your routine to the needs of your skin.
Masque + Booster
Not only can you pair boosters with your daily moisturizer, but these products pair well with Yon-Ka Paris masks. Sensitive Masque extinguishes redness and irritation, pairing perfectly with the nourishing power of Nutri+ Booster. For acne-prone skin, pair a clay mask like Masque 103 or Masque 105 with Juvenil, a purifying anti-blemish concentrate.
Boosters work best with hydrating masks and clarifying treatments. Avoid adding a booster to intensive exfoliators like Glyconight 10% Masque so as not to diminish the exfoliating properties.
Gommage + Moisturizer
Create a custom sleep mask by pairing Gommage Yon-Ka with your favorite Yon-Ka Paris moisturizer. Gommage Yon-Ka is a hydrating gel peel that exfoliates, clarifies, hydrates, and balances the skin. Paired with a moisturizer specific to your skin concerns, you can hydrate and treat all at once.
Try pairing one of these moisturizers with Gommage Yon-Ka:
- Phyto 52 – Pair the hydrating benefits of Gommage Yon-Ka with his firming, anti-aging moisturizer formulated to detoxify, tighten, and refresh the skin.
- Phyto 58 PS – This revitalizing night cream pairs perfectly with Gommage Yon-Ka, boosting its clarifying benefits with a deeply moisturizing formula.
- Crème 15 – With its triple-action formula, this soothing anti-blemish cream purifies, soothes, and treats impurities in oily skin, boosting the pore-clearing benefits of Gommage Yon-Ka.
- Sensitive Crème – Soothe, calm, and comfort irritated and sensitive skin by combining this gentle moisturizer with Gommage Yon-Ka.
Mix equal parts Gommage Yon-Ka and Yon-Ka Paris moisturizer then apply to the face in an even layer after cleansing and toning. Allow the treatment to stay on your skin overnight.
Eye Contour + Booster
While overall hydration is important, mature skin can benefit from additional attention to the eye and lip contours. All three of Yon-Ka’s classic contour treatments Alpha-Contour, Nutri-Contour, and Phyto-Contour pair well with Nutri+ booster to nourish and repair or Lift+ to tighten and firm.
Apply the desired amount of contour treatment to the back of your hand then add a small pump of booster. Blend with a fingertip and apply gently to the eye and lip contours only, avoiding the eyelids.
Eye Contour + Eye Contour
Not only can you boost any of Yon-Ka’s eye contour formulas, but you can combine them to provide additional lifting benefits in the eye and lip contours. Simply choose two formulas, mix them together, and apply to the eye and lip contours after cleansing and moisturizing.
Try one of these contour treatment pairings:
- Alpha-Contour + Nutri-Contour
- Phyto-Contour + Alpha-Contour
- Nutri-Contour + Phyto-Contour
While doubling up on contour cream can help hydrate and lift the gentle skin around the eye and lip contours, we don’t recommend mixing all three to avoid irritating the skin.
Crème PG + Emulsion Pure
If you struggle with oily skin and frequent breakouts, a clarifying combination of skincare products might be just what you need. Crème PG is a purifying, mattifying, protective cream for oily skin that minimizes pores and balanced sebum production. Paired with Emulsion Pure, a water-based emulsion, this treatment helps calm inflammation and reduce breakouts, leaving the skin fresh and healthy.
Body Cream + Dry Oil Spray
A daily skincare routine shouldn’t be focused only on the face. In addition to the neck and décolleté, your entire body deserves hydrating moisture. Yon-Ka body creams and lotions deliver hydrating moisture while addressing specific skin concerns like aging, and uneven skin tone. Like facial oils, dry oil for the body maintains hydration and helps keep the skin healthy and radiant.
Try these body cream and dry oil spray pairings from Yon-Ka Paris:
- Lait Hydratant Detox + Huile Detox
- Lait Hydratant Vitality + Huile Delicieuse
- Phyto 152 + Huile Silhouette
- Crème 55 + Huile Detox or Huile Silhouette
- Lait Apres-Soleil + Huile Delicieuse
Whether you’re adding new products to your skincare routine or experimenting with a new pairing for the first time, it’s a good idea to start slow. New products should always be patch tested and new pairings should be introduced once or twice a week before progressing to daily use.