I’m in the process of going through the boxes we packed up before the remodel, and in the attempt to declutter my life, I’ve been saying goodbye to the things I never use, including beauty products.
Don’t get me wrong; I’m still nowhere near close to being a makeup minimalist, because you just never know when you’ll get the urge to wear a bright blue eyeliner or a sparkly purple lipgloss. (I like to be prepared.) But there are certainly things that I rarely have a need for these days.
Beauty Products I Never Use
- Dry shampoo – Makes my scalp itch.
- Cream bronzer – I prefer powder, and the only one I like these days is MAC Give Me Sun.
- Full-coverage foundation – Not my jam anymore.
- Colored brow gel – Too difficult to control; give me clear gel any day.
- Flat irons, blow dryers and anything designed to straighten hair – I have no patience to fight my natural wavy texture.
- Strong hold gel or hairspray – I like it when my hair doesn’t feel stiff or crunchy.
- False lashes – Even the lightest ones feel too heavy, and they bump into my glasses.
- Highlighter – So over it. LOL!
- Contour products – Again, so over it.
- Heat protectants for hair – I air dry.
- Any sort of specialized pencils for brow arches and whatnot – I will say these highlighting pencils work if you’re willing to put in the effort.
- Nail stickers and press-on nails – I’d rather paint.
- Professional gel manicures – I had one once and it was mildly traumatic.
What about you? What’s on your list of beauty products you never use?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,